Lockpicking: Opening locks without using a key
We guard our homes, safes, belongings with locks. Locks that we trust will prevent unauthorized users (who don’t possess the correct key) from obtaining what we consider our property.
But how safe are mechanical locks really?
You will try to open a classical cylindrical lock. The required lockpicking tools should be provided by your instructors, but you have to bring your own locks (bring all old locks you can find around the house!). You will try to unlock (or pick) those locks with lockpicks.
Study the lock mechanism until you understand how it works:
- How to Pick a Lock: 9 Steps
- Lockpicking Tutorial: How to pick a lock
- Lockpicking Tutorial: How to pick security pins
- How to Pick a Lock With Paper Clip
- Picking EURO cylinder lock
- Lock picking EURO cylinder with key inserted
- More videos
Then get your skilled little fingers ready for some gentle, touchy-feely picking.
Extra credit when you open the locks with self-made tools, e.g. tension wrench and lockpicks from hair pins or paper clips.