Create interactive stories in Scratch
Scratch is playful tool that introduces a young mind to the ways of analytical problem solving through building interactive stories with basic programming building blocks.
If you’re not familiar with it yet, here’s a video introduction to Scratch.
See some example games that others made in Scratch:
- Newton’s Orbital Cannon
- Dodge the Barrel
- World’s Greatest Text Engine
- Interactive School Map with Zoom
Now don’t go about playing that games all day, you’ve got your own game to do!
Scratch on-line editor
How does one do a game like above in Scratch?
Your instructors surely don’t know. But perhaps you can figure it out by first following some Scratch tutorials:
- Scratch 1: Motion, sounds, repeating actions, sprites, speaking, image effects, …
- Scratch 2: Blocks overview and reference
- Scratch 3: Case studies of some good Scratch projects
- MIT introductory tutorials
- Basic Scratch video tutorial
- Advanced Game-making in Scratch
Your task it to create Scratch On-Line account and then create your own mini-game. Anything you’d like.
If you are already very experienced in Scratch and have an idea for a really unique and fun game, maybe you should try making it in Stencyl.